OBJECTIVES AND CONTENT GUIDELINES
Purpose: Preferred vehicle
for brief and timely updates to faculty and staff concerning announcements, initiatives,
news and activities of broad campuswide importance and interest.
- Keep campus informed of important university information
- Promote Web-based communications and help faculty and staff navigate UCI's Web
- Consolidate distribution of information through timely, consistent
- Alleviate information overload and message redundancy
- Build community promote campus organizations and opportunities for involvement
Content Format: Brief and timely updates on announcements, initiatives, news and activities of campuswide
importance and interest, many of which include Web links to more information.
Content may include:
Content Restrictions: Content must adhere to all university policies. No content delivered via UCi brief shall:
- Top News significant campus news, issues and activities; UCOP, Regents, Academic
Senate, Staff Assembly initiatives and decisions.
- Announcements policies,
procedures and guidelines (energy usage, construction updates, etc.); promote
campus resources and new or updated Web sites.
- Involvement Opportunities prospects for campus involvement, community service and volunteering; campus
organizations and club activities.
- Work/Life human resources
related information (open enrollment, wages, benefits, retirement, holidays,
- People significant, high-level appointments and achievements; links to profiles.
- Featured Events – a selection of key, imminent activities of interest to faculty and staff.
Note: UCi brief includes a link to the preferred vehicle for announcing campus events, the Today@UCI calendar.
Criteria for inclusion of items in the online calendar are available at
today.uci.edu/contact/campus_publicity.asp. Please review these criteria and
e-mail calendar items to: email@example.com. Student-oriented events are featured in Anteater Weekly. Please submit
these calendar items to: http://antweek.vcsa.uci.edu.
Content must support UCi briefs purpose and objectives. To eliminate redundancy in e-mailed
communications, UCi brief will not routinely publish:
- Advocate an individuals or organizations political or religious position.
- Imply university or campus endorsement, support, or opposition to a political, religious, or civic
issue, or any non-university products, service, organizations or activity.
- Be of commercial nature that solicits, or would provide, personal and/or financial profit to a
university employee or to a profit-making organization.
Content Submissions: E-mail content suggestions to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is noon Monday for inclusion in
current week’s issue.
- Content that has been or will be distributed broadly across campus via ZotMail or other
print or electronic publications.
- Specialized content that is not of broad interest to the campus community.